I first met you while I was moving into our first college apartment. I remember thinking that you were so nice and I knew you would be an awesome roommate and friend! Oh, I also thought you were tall.
One funny memory I have of you is when we were filming some random movie with Riley, Shawn, and Ryan. You were acting as a Chinese lady and wore chopsticks in your hair, carried a bamboo thing with Chinese writing, and you would count to 10 in Chinese (so cool). It was cute and awesome so I tried having you teach me but don't think I got the inflections down.
Oh, remembering our fun times makes me miss you! I'm so glad we ended up in the same apartment and became friends! You are an amazing person with such admirable qualities. You make me want to be a better person. Hopefully I can see you soon and meet your cute daughter! Happy Birthday Cindy! I hope you have a wonderful day!
The first time I met Cindy was when we were going up to Idaho for Caleb's baby blessing. It was right after she and Matt had gotten engaged. She talked to Matt in the passenger seat while he drove the red stick shift. They were holding hands most of the time. I also thought that she was really quiet.
Heh heh heh. So my first impression of Cindy was pretty similar to everyone else's, quiet and adorable, so one of my favorite memories is when I was playing Nertz with her and Matt one time. I thought I could get away with cheating because she was so sweet she wouldn't call me out on it, so I put a card down after someone had called nertz and she didn't say anything, but she took the card and put it back on my pile. Cindy's wonderful, but she's not a pushover!
Bev: I’m so lucky to be her mom! I hardly ever have any dreams, but I had a dream about Cindy coming to our family a few years before she was born. In the dream all of our family was surrounding her, laughing and enjoying her so much! To this day all of us adore her and are so grateful for her! I love you so much, Cindy and am so proud of you, Matt & Aubrey! I hope you have a wonderful 23rd birthday! Mom
Katie--If I remember correctly Cindy was the first person in Dave's family that I met. She came and visited BYU before Christmas break and stayed with a neighbor of Dave's. Dave and I were not dating at the time but we did all go bowling together and I thought she was so cute and fun to be with. I remember being jeolous, wishing she was staying with me. That may have been because I secretly wanted Dave to like me! Dave--Someone else could probably tell this story than me because I was pretty young too, but I'll still try. When Kristy got married the entire family took a long road trip for Kristy's reception in Atlanta. I think Cindy was 6 or 7 at the time. That was a long time for kids to be in the cars together. Cindy would always want to sit up in the front seat with whoever was up there. She really liked looking for roadkill as we drove along. She would say "can I sit up front with you. We can look for dead stuff." While we were in Georgia, we visited the Coke museum. At the end of the tour, they had a huge room that had fountain machines that had drinks that were popular from different countries around the world. When someone would find a good drink, they'd fill up a cup and take it around for the rest of the family to try. We found a really nasty bitter soda from austria or somewhere called "Beverly". Well, Cindy filled up a big cup and took it around to people. She took her cup to people and said, "try this one, it's really good." Right as the person was swallowing, she whispered "Beverly". It was especially funny coming from sweet little Cindy.
I met her for the first time over skype when I found out she would be my sister in law. I remember hearing only great things about her and was so excited that my brother had found someone that matched his calm demeanor and wouldn't walk all over his niceness. And since then I have only liked her more and more. Happy birthday Cindy, We love you!
When Cindy was a senior in high school she sang in the Madrigal Choir. Their last concert was performed for the parents and family. They could all perform a solo number. Even though Cindy is not the most outgoing, she sang a love sitting on a chair. I can’t remember the name of it but I will never forget what a great job she did. She was very lovely and sexy. I am sure that Matt would have loved it. Maybe she will perform it for him when they are alone sometime. Love you Cindy, Dad
I don't remember her a whole lot from when she and Matt were in high school, but probably my first fairly clear memory was talking to Kevin about how our siblings were dating but still in high school and how he was going to nip it in the bud. He failed ultimately and I couldn't be happier. :)
One of my favorite memories of Cindy is.... her playing with my girls. She'd play hide-n-seek and sings silly songs. I can still picture her teaching my girls the 'jelly fish' song where you get all tied up in your arms, legs and tongue while still singing. We really need to sing that song again. Cindy got a lot of practice babysitting all her nieces and nephews but it has paid off cause she is the best mommy. I love little Aubrey. She is such a happy baby! We miss you three! I love you Cindy Lou. Happy Birthday!
My first memory of Cindy started out by talking to Kevin. It was when my family first moved in next door to Cindy. I was hoping to find someone my age to play with. When the neighbor kids came over to play in our front yard, I found the perfect opportunity to explore my options. I walked up to Kevin and asked him if he had any kids my age in his family. He took me over to his house and called Cindy downstairs. I immediately knew we were going to be friends when I saw her Cinderella roller skates, I had roller skates too! That was the beginning of many wonderful years of friendship. Going around the neighborhood selling rocks door to door. Trying to be brave while "closing our eyes" going down the drive way... I don't know about Cindy but I totally peaked! Then we incorporated my older brother Danny in the mix, great for Cindy and not so great for me. He loved to play a game called nature, where him and Cindy would always be zebra's and I would be the lion who the boy zebra would kill. I don't know what episode of Animal planet, or Discovery my brother watched that included a zebra killing a lion but it was the only way we were allowed to play the game. Every day that we played with Cindy it always ended the same when we were little, with us leaving to go home and Cindy telling us "I wont be able to play tomorrow"! I guess her parents always changed their minds since she always did the next day any way, ;) I loved that Cindy would try so hard for our play time to never be over.
Wow, where to begin! I've known Cindy my entire life. We've had so many fun memories together, from playing barbies, to saving the world on my swingset (with the grass as hot lava, of course) to Madrigals, and on and on. I remember that when Cindy, Julie, and I would play barbies, we always wanted the same one! So to make it fair, we would assign each barbie a letter, then draw letters out a basket. It seemed to work for us! And when it was time to go home, they would always take a piece of candy from my Halloween stash because I hardly ever touched it! They couldn't believe that I would still have candy! Haha :)
Happy Birthday, Cindy! Thanks for all of the fun memories, and here is to many more to come! Love, Alli
TIM: We all had to fight for time with Cindy when she was little. I remember Cindy wore a poofy white dress for Lori's wedding and she was so excited to have people take pictures of her. She was the perfect little sister for a teenage boy in high school: she loved to make cookies and brownies and cakes and let me eat them and she rarely said no to any of my suggestions, whether it was going for a drive at midnight or playing frisbee or football. RACHEL: My favorite memory with Cindy is when we played rook this Christmas with her family. I had never seen the competitive side of Cindy before and it was really fun. It was also so great to see her interact with Matt. They are so perfect for each other.
We thought we might get sick of you driving all the way across the country last summer, but it was just the opposite! We did a lot of fun things in Nauvoo and Atlanta, but most of my favorite memories come from just driving in the car and doing fun things. Thanks for keeping Amara comfy and entertained! That trip was so fun,
We LOVED living with you guys the summer Mom and Dad left. Playing games every night was a blast. We haven't played as games together since you left. We loved eating with you guys and going to church together.
I loved working with you in college and hanging out on the weekends when neither of us had anything to do. Before I went to China, when I didn't have many unmarried friends (and no girls I wanted to ask out), I loved going to movies with you or to Sub Zero. Those dates were way better than awkward first dates.
My favorite college memory of you is when you came down while still in high school! Do you remember going to Divine Comedy and sleeping at my friends' apartment? That night was so fun. All of my roommates were disappointed you were only 18!
This week I took the Young Men to the Olympic Oval for ice skating and I couldn't keep from thinking about the last time I was there. :) Good memories that night, too.
Thanks for all you do, Cindy. We have so many good memories together! Love you lots.
Wowzer, this one is going to be hard! First impression... I just remember thinking she was gorgeous (those eyelashes, I was definitely jealous of those in high school ;)) and so very sweet. I didn't really get to know her too well until senior year, but even then it always made perfect sense why all of the boys talked about her as though she was the ideal kind of girl that they all wanted to marry someday! Favorite memory? Hoo boy...I'll have to go with cruising home on my bike together from campus, and Cindy's "ow!" and laughter every time we went over a bump. Also, Polyanna practically every Sunday afternoon :). Oh man, and a million late night chats. Ok I'm done! Love you Cindy Lou, I couldn't ask for a better friend and example. Happy Birthday!!
My first impression of Cindy is that she is a very nice and kind girl, and that Matt must be doing something right to have met such a kind girl and to be engaged/married to her. -Nicole & Jared
So my very first date happened to be a double date with Matt and Cindy. We were planning on going hiking, but Matt took flippin' forever to get his temple recommend, so me, my date, and Cindy all sat down in my parents' living room and just talked until Matt came. I had never been so scared or nervous in my life! I had just barely worked up the guts to ask my date. So actually talking to two girls on my first date was a lot for me. Even though Cindy was soft spoken and isn't as talkative, I think I ended up talking to her more than my date. Matt finally came home and we ended up watching the sunset because it got too dark to go hiking. I think Matt ended up proposing like a month later or something. But the soft spoken Cindy Clawson came off as a really awesome and cool person! Glad to have her in the family! Especially to reign Matt in. :)
When I first met Cindy I remember thinking how incredibly nice she was, and quiet.
ReplyDeleteI first met you while I was moving into our first college apartment. I remember thinking that you were so nice and I knew you would be an awesome roommate and friend! Oh, I also thought you were tall.
ReplyDeleteOne funny memory I have of you is when we were filming some random movie with Riley, Shawn, and Ryan. You were acting as a Chinese lady and wore chopsticks in your hair, carried a bamboo thing with Chinese writing, and you would count to 10 in Chinese (so cool). It was cute and awesome so I tried having you teach me but don't think I got the inflections down.
Oh, remembering our fun times makes me miss you! I'm so glad we ended up in the same apartment and became friends! You are an amazing person with such admirable qualities. You make me want to be a better person. Hopefully I can see you soon and meet your cute daughter! Happy Birthday Cindy! I hope you have a wonderful day!
The first time I met Cindy was when we were going up to Idaho for Caleb's baby blessing. It was right after she and Matt had gotten engaged. She talked to Matt in the passenger seat while he drove the red stick shift. They were holding hands most of the time. I also thought that she was really quiet.
ReplyDeleteHeh heh heh. So my first impression of Cindy was pretty similar to everyone else's, quiet and adorable, so one of my favorite memories is when I was playing Nertz with her and Matt one time. I thought I could get away with cheating because she was so sweet she wouldn't call me out on it, so I put a card down after someone had called nertz and she didn't say anything, but she took the card and put it back on my pile. Cindy's wonderful, but she's not a pushover!
ReplyDeleteBev:
ReplyDeleteI’m so lucky to be her mom! I hardly ever have any dreams, but I had a dream about Cindy coming to our family a few years before she was born. In the dream all of our family was surrounding her, laughing and enjoying her so much! To this day all of us adore her and are so grateful for her! I love you so much, Cindy and am so proud of you, Matt & Aubrey! I hope you have a wonderful 23rd birthday! Mom
Katie--If I remember correctly Cindy was the first person in Dave's family that I met. She came and visited BYU before Christmas break and stayed with a neighbor of Dave's. Dave and I were not dating at the time but we did all go bowling together and I thought she was so cute and fun to be with. I remember being jeolous, wishing she was staying with me. That may have been because I secretly wanted Dave to like me!
ReplyDeleteDave--Someone else could probably tell this story than me because I was pretty young too, but I'll still try. When Kristy got married the entire family took a long road trip for Kristy's reception in Atlanta. I think Cindy was 6 or 7 at the time. That was a long time for kids to be in the cars together. Cindy would always want to sit up in the front seat with whoever was up there. She really liked looking for roadkill as we drove along. She would say "can I sit up front with you. We can look for dead stuff." While we were in Georgia, we visited the Coke museum. At the end of the tour, they had a huge room that had fountain machines that had drinks that were popular from different countries around the world. When someone would find a good drink, they'd fill up a cup and take it around for the rest of the family to try. We found a really nasty bitter soda from austria or somewhere called "Beverly". Well, Cindy filled up a big cup and took it around to people. She took her cup to people and said, "try this one, it's really good." Right as the person was swallowing, she whispered "Beverly". It was especially funny coming from sweet little Cindy.
I met her for the first time over skype when I found out she would be my sister in law. I remember hearing only great things about her and was so excited that my brother had found someone that matched his calm demeanor and wouldn't walk all over his niceness. And since then I have only liked her more and more. Happy birthday Cindy, We love you!
ReplyDeleteWhen Cindy was a senior in high school she sang in the Madrigal Choir. Their last concert was performed for the parents and family. They could all perform a solo number. Even though Cindy is not the most outgoing, she sang a love sitting on a chair. I can’t remember the name of it but I will never forget what a great job she did. She was very lovely and sexy. I am sure that Matt would have loved it. Maybe she will perform it for him when they are alone sometime. Love you Cindy, Dad
ReplyDeleteI don't remember her a whole lot from when she and Matt were in high school, but probably my first fairly clear memory was talking to Kevin about how our siblings were dating but still in high school and how he was going to nip it in the bud. He failed ultimately and I couldn't be happier. :)
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite memories of Cindy is.... her playing with my girls. She'd play hide-n-seek and sings silly songs. I can still picture her teaching my girls the 'jelly fish' song where you get all tied up in your arms, legs and tongue while still singing. We really need to sing that song again. Cindy got a lot of practice babysitting all her nieces and nephews but it has paid off cause she is the best mommy. I love little Aubrey. She is such a happy baby! We miss you three! I love you Cindy Lou. Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteMy first memory of Cindy started out by talking to Kevin. It was when my family first moved in next door to Cindy. I was hoping to find someone my age to play with. When the neighbor kids came over to play in our front yard, I found the perfect opportunity to explore my options. I walked up to Kevin and asked him if he had any kids my age in his family. He took me over to his house and called Cindy downstairs. I immediately knew we were going to be friends when I saw her Cinderella roller skates, I had roller skates too! That was the beginning of many wonderful years of friendship. Going around the neighborhood selling rocks door to door. Trying to be brave while "closing our eyes" going down the drive way... I don't know about Cindy but I totally peaked! Then we incorporated my older brother Danny in the mix, great for Cindy and not so great for me. He loved to play a game called nature, where him and Cindy would always be zebra's and I would be the lion who the boy zebra would kill. I don't know what episode of Animal planet, or Discovery my brother watched that included a zebra killing a lion but it was the only way we were allowed to play the game. Every day that we played with Cindy it always ended the same when we were little, with us leaving to go home and Cindy telling us "I wont be able to play tomorrow"! I guess her parents always changed their minds since she always did the next day any way, ;) I loved that Cindy would try so hard for our play time to never be over.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow, where to begin! I've known Cindy my entire life. We've had so many fun memories together, from playing barbies, to saving the world on my swingset (with the grass as hot lava, of course) to Madrigals, and on and on. I remember that when Cindy, Julie, and I would play barbies, we always wanted the same one! So to make it fair, we would assign each barbie a letter, then draw letters out a basket. It seemed to work for us! And when it was time to go home, they would always take a piece of candy from my Halloween stash because I hardly ever touched it! They couldn't believe that I would still have candy! Haha :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Cindy! Thanks for all of the fun memories, and here is to many more to come! Love, Alli
TIM: We all had to fight for time with Cindy when she was little. I remember Cindy wore a poofy white dress for Lori's wedding and she was so excited to have people take pictures of her. She was the perfect little sister for a teenage boy in high school: she loved to make cookies and brownies and cakes and let me eat them and she rarely said no to any of my suggestions, whether it was going for a drive at midnight or playing frisbee or football.
ReplyDeleteRACHEL: My favorite memory with Cindy is when we played rook this Christmas with her family. I had never seen the competitive side of Cindy before and it was really fun. It was also so great to see her interact with Matt. They are so perfect for each other.
We thought we might get sick of you driving all the way across the country last summer, but it was just the opposite! We did a lot of fun things in Nauvoo and Atlanta, but most of my favorite memories come from just driving in the car and doing fun things. Thanks for keeping Amara comfy and entertained! That trip was so fun,
ReplyDeleteWe LOVED living with you guys the summer Mom and Dad left. Playing games every night was a blast. We haven't played as games together since you left. We loved eating with you guys and going to church together.
I loved working with you in college and hanging out on the weekends when neither of us had anything to do. Before I went to China, when I didn't have many unmarried friends (and no girls I wanted to ask out), I loved going to movies with you or to Sub Zero. Those dates were way better than awkward first dates.
My favorite college memory of you is when you came down while still in high school! Do you remember going to Divine Comedy and sleeping at my friends' apartment? That night was so fun. All of my roommates were disappointed you were only 18!
This week I took the Young Men to the Olympic Oval for ice skating and I couldn't keep from thinking about the last time I was there. :) Good memories that night, too.
Thanks for all you do, Cindy. We have so many good memories together! Love you lots.
Wowzer, this one is going to be hard! First impression... I just remember thinking she was gorgeous (those eyelashes, I was definitely jealous of those in high school ;)) and so very sweet. I didn't really get to know her too well until senior year, but even then it always made perfect sense why all of the boys talked about her as though she was the ideal kind of girl that they all wanted to marry someday!
ReplyDeleteFavorite memory? Hoo boy...I'll have to go with cruising home on my bike together from campus, and Cindy's "ow!" and laughter every time we went over a bump. Also, Polyanna practically every Sunday afternoon :). Oh man, and a million late night chats. Ok I'm done! Love you Cindy Lou, I couldn't ask for a better friend and example. Happy Birthday!!
My first impression of Cindy is that she is a very nice and kind girl, and that Matt must be doing something right to have met such a kind girl and to be engaged/married to her.
ReplyDelete-Nicole & Jared
So my very first date happened to be a double date with Matt and Cindy. We were planning on going hiking, but Matt took flippin' forever to get his temple recommend, so me, my date, and Cindy all sat down in my parents' living room and just talked until Matt came. I had never been so scared or nervous in my life! I had just barely worked up the guts to ask my date. So actually talking to two girls on my first date was a lot for me. Even though Cindy was soft spoken and isn't as talkative, I think I ended up talking to her more than my date. Matt finally came home and we ended up watching the sunset because it got too dark to go hiking. I think Matt ended up proposing like a month later or something. But the soft spoken Cindy Clawson came off as a really awesome and cool person! Glad to have her in the family! Especially to reign Matt in. :)
ReplyDelete