I wish I had more memories with Brooke... It's ok we have time to make memories :) After Matt and I got married I remember Brooke telling me how grateful she was that Matt found a girl like me because I was sweet and I wasn't overbearing Matt's passive personality. I remember Brooke getting a little emotional about it and it really touched me.
Happy birthday, Brooke! I hope you have a wonderful day! I wish we lived closer... I can't believe we used to live so close to each other. If we could go back to that time we would definitely spend more time together! Maybe someday :) Thanks for being such a great sister! Love you!
I dunno if this was my favorite memory, but it's up there. In the 5th grade, I had a teacher named Mrs. Halloran. Mrs Halloran happened to be neighbors with Eric Stevenson and knew him pretty well. I just remember it being so much fun to update her on all the dating details and when I got to tell her that Eric was actually going to marry Brooke, she got all sorts of excited! Mrs Halloran already kind of liked me because I was a Barrus, but being Brooke's sister only gave me more brownie points. :) I remember being so honored and proud that Brooke was my sister. I still think that to this day. Happy Birthday Brookie!
Holy moly, what *isn't* my favorite Brooke quote? I'm quite partial to anything she says, especially way back in the day when she overused the word "pal."
I remember Brooke having such a great time with all the kids in the Brain Trust all through school. It was great to see so many kids doing the right thing and having fun, too.
I think one of my favorite stories of Brooke is from her "Ma" on pioneer trek. She told me that the first day of trek was a rough one--it had rained all day, everything was wet, the wind had blown some of the groups' tents into the river, they couldn't keep the stoves going long enough to cook dinner, etc. She told me that they had finally settled everyone down in their tents and it was really, really late and most of the kids were asleep, but that she looked over at Brooke, who was in the corner of the tent with her flashlight, reading her scriptures.
So so many good memories and quotes, but I'd have to say one of my favs would be when me and her and Eric and Becca and a few other friends went to Wicked in Denver and one of the nights Rosalinda came out and said the best prayer ever.
The beginning was something along the lines of: "Thank you for my great husband and that we could learn about awesome Caryn and Bre."
I do remember this next part word for word, though: "And Becca and Amy are okay, too..."
So I don't know if this is a particularly fond memory for me but I remember being proud of my big sister. I must have been in 6th grade when Brooke's madrigal group came to Westland Elementary to do one of their Christmas-time gigs. Of course they sang "Santa Baby", and of course I got chosen to be Santa. So there I was sitting in front of the whole school while a whole group of high school seniors were singing to me and I couldn't have been more embarrassed. Even though I felt like a fool, inside I was proud of Brooke for being part of such a cool group (I also thought you were cool) Love you Brooke! Happy Birthday!
When she was little, her favorite quote was: "I do it myself!" And it was always said so emphatically so that there could be no question she didn't want any help because she could do it by herself. No matter what it was.
I don't remember it, but I was probably there. That counts, right? Maria didn't have anywhere to go for Christmas, so Brookie just asked, without consulting her family first, "Want to stay with us?" That takes courage!
Oh my goodness! So many Brooke quotes and memories! So little time! One of my favorite first memories is when Amy. Brooke and I did ensign modeling in their room during the first Christmas Break when I met the Barruses.
I wish I had more memories with Brooke... It's ok we have time to make memories :)
ReplyDeleteAfter Matt and I got married I remember Brooke telling me how grateful she was that Matt found a girl like me because I was sweet and I wasn't overbearing Matt's passive personality. I remember Brooke getting a little emotional about it and it really touched me.
Happy birthday, Brooke! I hope you have a wonderful day! I wish we lived closer... I can't believe we used to live so close to each other. If we could go back to that time we would definitely spend more time together! Maybe someday :) Thanks for being such a great sister! Love you!
I dunno if this was my favorite memory, but it's up there. In the 5th grade, I had a teacher named Mrs. Halloran. Mrs Halloran happened to be neighbors with Eric Stevenson and knew him pretty well. I just remember it being so much fun to update her on all the dating details and when I got to tell her that Eric was actually going to marry Brooke, she got all sorts of excited! Mrs Halloran already kind of liked me because I was a Barrus, but being Brooke's sister only gave me more brownie points. :) I remember being so honored and proud that Brooke was my sister. I still think that to this day. Happy Birthday Brookie!
ReplyDeleteHoly moly, what *isn't* my favorite Brooke quote? I'm quite partial to anything she says, especially way back in the day when she overused the word "pal."
ReplyDeleteI remember Brooke having such a great time with all the kids in the Brain Trust all through school. It was great to see so many kids doing the right thing and having fun, too.
ReplyDeleteI think one of my favorite stories of Brooke is from her "Ma" on pioneer trek. She told me that the first day of trek was a rough one--it had rained all day, everything was wet, the wind had blown some of the groups' tents into the river, they couldn't keep the stoves going long enough to cook dinner, etc. She told me that they had finally settled everyone down in their tents and it was really, really late and most of the kids were asleep, but that she looked over at Brooke, who was in the corner of the tent with her flashlight, reading her scriptures.
ReplyDeleteSo so many good memories and quotes, but I'd have to say one of my favs would be when me and her and Eric and Becca and a few other friends went to Wicked in Denver and one of the nights Rosalinda came out and said the best prayer ever.
ReplyDeleteThe beginning was something along the lines of: "Thank you for my great husband and that we could learn about awesome Caryn and Bre."
I do remember this next part word for word, though: "And Becca and Amy are okay, too..."
So I don't know if this is a particularly fond memory for me but I remember being proud of my big sister. I must have been in 6th grade when Brooke's madrigal group came to Westland Elementary to do one of their Christmas-time gigs. Of course they sang "Santa Baby", and of course I got chosen to be Santa. So there I was sitting in front of the whole school while a whole group of high school seniors were singing to me and I couldn't have been more embarrassed. Even though I felt like a fool, inside I was proud of Brooke for being part of such a cool group (I also thought you were cool) Love you Brooke! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhen she was little, her favorite quote was: "I do it myself!" And it was always said so emphatically so that there could be no question she didn't want any help because she could do it by herself. No matter what it was.
ReplyDeleteI don't remember it, but I was probably there. That counts, right? Maria didn't have anywhere to go for Christmas, so Brookie just asked, without consulting her family first, "Want to stay with us?" That takes courage!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! So many Brooke quotes and memories! So little time! One of my favorite first memories is when Amy. Brooke and I did ensign modeling in their room during the first Christmas Break when I met the Barruses.
ReplyDelete