I love how he wanted to name Jonathan Water and squiggley when Jonathan was born and I was in high school. And I loved what a great baby Josh was when he was a baby. And I also have loved watching him play basketball when I have gotten to see him. Love you Josh!!!
The first time I played pickup with Josh where he was awesome. He hit several 3's, played good defense and generally played hard. It was then I came to terms with the fact that I was the worst basketball player of the first four boys in our family. I will come to peace with that eventually.
Watching Josh with kids makes up a lot of my favorite memories of him- especially lately. He's so good with them and it's adorable to watch. Also, having deep talks just one-on-one have also been some of my favorite current memories- he has so much to say- such deep insights into life. Love you Losh!
Josh was such a sweet baby--so non-demanding. I believe it's referred to as "low maintainence" now. Also, he LOVED Teletubbies and garbage day and taking the garbage out. One of my favorite phrases he said when I told him that money doesn't make you happy, "But, it makes ME happy." Also, when I bribed him to wear a tie to church once, he took the treat and ate it, then took his tie off as we walked in the chapel. Also loved watching him sing and dance in the Nauvoo pageant and even act like he was enjoying it. And watching him go out with his companion at the Hill Cumorah pageant with their copies of the Book of Mormon ready to share.
I too am partial to his garbage man phase, specifically when it would be my week to do the garbages and I could get him to do it for me. For free! Those were the days. But one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE JOSH MEMORIES was when we were going to Nauvoo ten years ago and I let him play with my Harry Potter action figures in the car (because, you know, long ride and whatnot). He took Ron, put him in a weird pose, and went "Oh ho ho hoooo, I am skating awaaaaaay! Oh ho ho hooooo, I am doing balleeeeeet!!!" in a really high pitched voice.
Some of my favorite memories of Josh have to do with basketball. Watching him play with grit and determination and so focused. My favorite basketball memory is when he had just started basketball and was in the fourth grade, I think. The game was close and coming down to the last shot, he had the ball and time was running out. Suddenly, he launches a 3 and he's was so far away from the basket we all said, "Noooooo." Then when it went in, we said, "YES!!" and all went nuts since it was the shot that won the game.
I don't know if this is my favorite memory but it came to mind! One time when Matt and I were over, Josh had just woken up from a nap or something. He came into the kitchen and was going to get something when he blacked out and fell to the ground! It seemed like he just stood up too fast. For some reason I could not stop laughing about it.
Happy birthday, Josh! I hope that it's been a great day!!
Haha! I dunno about favorite. But one of my most favorite memories was when he came down to chill with me one of my last weekends at college. We ended up going to Pizza Pie Cafe and stuffing ourselves till we almost popped. Josh has always been such an awesome example and friend to me, I'm really bummed out I didn't get to take him on my mission with me. Love you Josh!
I do love Cindy's memory. It was pretty hilarious to see Dad's reaction to that :) My favorite memory of Josh was from my freshman year of college. I had come down for Thanksgiving and we ended up going to the Utah game that Saturday. We all had a great time, especially since BYU won! He was fun to hang out with, and we got some nice pictures of "little Josh" :) Love you Josh. Hope you have had a great day!!
I love how he wanted to name Jonathan Water and squiggley when Jonathan was born and I was in high school. And I loved what a great baby Josh was when he was a baby. And I also have loved watching him play basketball when I have gotten to see him. Love you Josh!!!
ReplyDeleteThe first time I played pickup with Josh where he was awesome. He hit several 3's, played good defense and generally played hard. It was then I came to terms with the fact that I was the worst basketball player of the first four boys in our family. I will come to peace with that eventually.
ReplyDeleteWatching Josh with kids makes up a lot of my favorite memories of him- especially lately. He's so good with them and it's adorable to watch. Also, having deep talks just one-on-one have also been some of my favorite current memories- he has so much to say- such deep insights into life. Love you Losh!
ReplyDeleteJosh was such a sweet baby--so non-demanding. I believe it's referred to as "low maintainence" now. Also, he LOVED Teletubbies and garbage day and taking the garbage out. One of my favorite phrases he said when I told him that money doesn't make you happy, "But, it makes ME happy." Also, when I bribed him to wear a tie to church once, he took the treat and ate it, then took his tie off as we walked in the chapel. Also loved watching him sing and dance in the Nauvoo pageant and even act like he was enjoying it. And watching him go out with his companion at the Hill Cumorah pageant with their copies of the Book of Mormon ready to share.
ReplyDeleteI too am partial to his garbage man phase, specifically when it would be my week to do the garbages and I could get him to do it for me. For free! Those were the days.
ReplyDeleteBut one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE JOSH MEMORIES was when we were going to Nauvoo ten years ago and I let him play with my Harry Potter action figures in the car (because, you know, long ride and whatnot). He took Ron, put him in a weird pose, and went "Oh ho ho hoooo, I am skating awaaaaaay! Oh ho ho hooooo, I am doing balleeeeeet!!!" in a really high pitched voice.
Some of my favorite memories of Josh have to do with basketball. Watching him play with grit and determination and so focused. My favorite basketball memory is when he had just started basketball and was in the fourth grade, I think. The game was close and coming down to the last shot, he had the ball and time was running out. Suddenly, he launches a 3 and he's was so far away from the basket we all said, "Noooooo." Then when it went in, we said, "YES!!" and all went nuts since it was the shot that won the game.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if this is my favorite memory but it came to mind! One time when Matt and I were over, Josh had just woken up from a nap or something. He came into the kitchen and was going to get something when he blacked out and fell to the ground! It seemed like he just stood up too fast. For some reason I could not stop laughing about it.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Josh! I hope that it's been a great day!!
Haha! I dunno about favorite. But one of my most favorite memories was when he came down to chill with me one of my last weekends at college. We ended up going to Pizza Pie Cafe and stuffing ourselves till we almost popped. Josh has always been such an awesome example and friend to me, I'm really bummed out I didn't get to take him on my mission with me. Love you Josh!
ReplyDeleteI do love Cindy's memory. It was pretty hilarious to see Dad's reaction to that :) My favorite memory of Josh was from my freshman year of college. I had come down for Thanksgiving and we ended up going to the Utah game that Saturday. We all had a great time, especially since BYU won! He was fun to hang out with, and we got some nice pictures of "little Josh" :) Love you Josh. Hope you have had a great day!!
ReplyDeleteNo... Idea... Whatsoever. I guess I look up to Josh in his basketball skills.
ReplyDelete