I have a plethora of fantastic memories of Micah, but I'm saving a majority of them for when I publish his/my memoir when one of us gets famous. I think one of my favorite memories was right after he was born. I would steal him away and hold him for a very long time and kiss him on his teensy little nose. Also getting mistaken as his mom was pretty great too.
I loved coming home from BYU-Idaho and snuggling him for the first time. Also, all his hilarious stories with Becca, and how Amy and Becca kept making him say- you are my favorite. Jack- playing poison ball on the tramp. Avey- Micah wearing a dress and a shirt and eating meat with him (?). Love you micah!!!
My favorite memory of Micah was when he was born and I looked down at his cute little face and his cute cowlick and his cute red hair. I remember saying, "Oh, he has red hair! Hello!" I had a dream that he had red hair, and he did! (Of course, I also had a dream that I had a dog instead of a baby, so...)
Well, he IS my lil' brudder, so I don't have many EXTREME favorite memories, but we'll see what I got. There was this one time during the last day of the Palmyra journey that Mom and Dad were making us listen to the "Work and the Glory" CD thing. Whenever either of us would talk, Mom and Dad would say "SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" I guess that was kind of annoying to both of us because Micah clambered into the backseat and we made faces that we both found extremely funny and were trying VERY hard not to laugh because Mom and Dad would be pretty mad. Micah, I know I find you annoying sometimes, but I still love you!
So many excellent memories with Micah. One of my favs is when I came downstairs and found him with a fish tank and its contents spilled all over the floor of my bedroom. I was like, "Micah? What happened?". He responded with "I sick!" and was super snuggly afterward. Another is when Maria offered to have him stay in a box on her front porch at college. His answer: "I like box!"
The last time Grandpa Barrus came to stay with us, Micah was so kind and affectionate to him. He sat by him, got him drinks of water, and even gave him back tickles because he knew Grandpa liked back tickles. This is an example of the love and affection he feels for everyone.
Aww, little Micah was so cute :)I remember when he was born and people thought it was crazy that my mom was having a baby (I was in 9th grade), but I felt proud to have such a cute little brother to show off.
I also randomly remember one time when I was home from school and someone called the fire department because they thought smoke was coming from our roof. Micah and I sat on the front porch and just watched the fire truck that showed up. They gave us little fireman hats and he proudly wore it around the next few days.
We love you Micah! We're so happy that you joined our family. Hope you had a great day :)
I remember when he would come to some of my basketball games and how we'd talk about it and he would get upset about how the referees called the game. It always made me smile to see the competitive side of him.
Two years ago when we went camping Matt and I brought Tootsie. Micah loved walking Tootsie around and kept calling her "Tooots". We all thought it was hilarious. I also had fun staying with Micah while Sharon and Dave were on their Alaskan cruise. Matt, Micah, and I would play Just Dance in the mornings to get our exercise. Micah won every time though!
Happy birthday, Micah! I hope that it's wonderful!
I have a plethora of fantastic memories of Micah, but I'm saving a majority of them for when I publish his/my memoir when one of us gets famous.
ReplyDeleteI think one of my favorite memories was right after he was born. I would steal him away and hold him for a very long time and kiss him on his teensy little nose.
Also getting mistaken as his mom was pretty great too.
I loved coming home from BYU-Idaho and snuggling him for the first time. Also, all his hilarious stories with Becca, and how Amy and Becca kept making him say- you are my favorite. Jack- playing poison ball on the tramp. Avey- Micah wearing a dress and a shirt and eating meat with him (?). Love you micah!!!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite memory of Micah was when he was born and I looked down at his cute little face and his cute cowlick and his cute red hair. I remember saying, "Oh, he has red hair! Hello!" I had a dream that he had red hair, and he did! (Of course, I also had a dream that I had a dog instead of a baby, so...)
ReplyDeleteWell, he IS my lil' brudder, so I don't have many EXTREME favorite memories, but we'll see what I got.
ReplyDeleteThere was this one time during the last day of the Palmyra journey that Mom and Dad were making us listen to the "Work and the Glory" CD thing. Whenever either of us would talk, Mom and Dad would say "SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" I guess that was kind of annoying to both of us because Micah clambered into the backseat and we made faces that we both found extremely funny and were trying VERY hard not to laugh because Mom and Dad would be pretty mad. Micah, I know I find you annoying sometimes, but I still love you!
So many excellent memories with Micah. One of my favs is when I came downstairs and found him with a fish tank and its contents spilled all over the floor of my bedroom. I was like, "Micah? What happened?". He responded with "I sick!" and was super snuggly afterward. Another is when Maria offered to have him stay in a box on her front porch at college. His answer: "I like box!"
ReplyDeleteThe last time Grandpa Barrus came to stay with us, Micah was so kind and affectionate to him. He sat by him, got him drinks of water, and even gave him back tickles because he knew Grandpa liked back tickles. This is an example of the love and affection he feels for everyone.
ReplyDeleteI remember getting 3 month old Micah to sleep by walking in circles in the living room with him and singing I am a Child of God.
ReplyDeleteAlso that time he figured out we were brothers and I wasn't some kind of weird uncle was also good.
Aww, little Micah was so cute :)I remember when he was born and people thought it was crazy that my mom was having a baby (I was in 9th grade), but I felt proud to have such a cute little brother to show off.
ReplyDeleteI also randomly remember one time when I was home from school and someone called the fire department because they thought smoke was coming from our roof. Micah and I sat on the front porch and just watched the fire truck that showed up. They gave us little fireman hats and he proudly wore it around the next few days.
We love you Micah! We're so happy that you joined our family. Hope you had a great day :)
I remember when he would come to some of my basketball games and how we'd talk about it and he would get upset about how the referees called the game. It always made me smile to see the competitive side of him.
ReplyDeleteTwo years ago when we went camping Matt and I brought Tootsie. Micah loved walking Tootsie around and kept calling her "Tooots". We all thought it was hilarious. I also had fun staying with Micah while Sharon and Dave were on their Alaskan cruise. Matt, Micah, and I would play Just Dance in the mornings to get our exercise. Micah won every time though!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Micah! I hope that it's wonderful!