To be honest, I hated it at the time, but looking back, I enjoyed getting beat up on the asphalt in front of our house playing 1 on 1. It made me into the semi tough player that I am today. If I had to pick one that didn't involve me getting beat up,my favorite memory would be the last California trip we had before he left on his mission. This had to have been the funnest Cali trip I've ever experienced!
Basically Matt and me go way back. He always let me come to his birthday parties even though I was a little snot most of the time. And then there was that time when we totally dug the hole in the backyard. Those were good times.
Oh Matt, could it be dropping you down the stairs that ended in cement in Massachusetts, or falling out of the car onto cement multiple times when you fell asleep in the car. Despite all those head hitting cement injuries I still remember your kindness and serving attitude. I remember I would ask you to do something for me, like get a cup of water for me if I was sitting on the couch or something else and you would always do it, none of my siblings would ever do that for me, except you. :) I need to develop that more.
There are so many fantastic memories of Matt that I will forever hold very special. Since I met him, we always had fun crazy activities that would usually make us get pretty close to dying of laughter. Having said that, no matter what we did, he would always seek to include everyone and make them feel like a million bucks. What great memories!!
Bev says; During Christmas break of 2006, Cindy's brother asked Cindy to find a date and double with them. She wanted to ask Matt and called his house a few times but never found him home. Finally she communicated through his dad and set something up without ever actually talking to Matt I think. They came to our house after the date and Les & I got to meet him. We thought he was really nice! Cindy said she had a good time with him! We're so glad they got married! Happy Birthday Matt!
My favorite memory of Matt is the trip we took to San Diego before he left on his mission because the was one of the funnest road trips and vacations I've ever been on. Whether it was stuffing 13 twizzlers into our mouths or dunking each other into the ocean, we laughed a lot and had few cares. It's always fun to be around Matt and see his playful/funny side.
Ah, Bathead. So many good times to choose from. I'd say one of my fav is when you and me and Bran were all at BYU-Idaho at the same time and we hung out and played. Going to California (not the trip everyone else is referencing above) was really really fun. Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, the ocean, Jelly Belly factory, San Francisco- just so much fun. You're still a lot of fun. Love you Bathead!
All of the good likes in mission prep, passing off memorized scriptures. Times in basketball class as well. The times we were roommates at Harris Hall for his one semester as a single man after his mission. And of course, playing basketball with me at anytime.
Beating up on Matt playing basketball on the hoop in the cul de sac. Circle of Life, right there. Also the time he lied about having the room key in California and we thought Dad was going to kill us. So never forget, Matt is a super nice guy, but he will also betray you if he thinks it will be funny.
My favorite moment would be when we were doing yard work for money at his house. We got paid for every pine cone we cleaned up, so we knocked down all the pine cones we could so we could clean them up. Then Matt's mom told us to go cut out the tree out front. We found the big bush in the middle of the yard and destroyed it before realizing it was this tiny excuse for a tree by the window that she meant for us to take out.
Just to name a "few"- going on an awkward date 3 days after he came home from his mission, going on an awesome date 3 months later (after living in different states all the time in between), getting married on that cold winter day, deciding to have a baby, finding out we were expecting, labor and delivery, being parents together, and just the little things like coming home from school and talking about our day, laughing while brushing our teeth (last night). We have SO many good memories and I can’t wait to make more! Before I married you I was searching for a spiritual confirmation (I did get a confirmation later on) that it was the right decision and I wasn't getting an answer. I was so scared to move forward. If I could go back I would tell that scared girl not to be scared! I would tell her that it is going to be more wonderful than you ever imagined! I love you, Matt! Happy birthday!!!
I love how everyone thought he was Scott's dad at the hospital. He was dressed up in a suit and tie (from work, maybe?) when he came to visit after we had Scott, and all the nurses thought he was the daddy instead of Brandon.
To be honest, I hated it at the time, but looking back, I enjoyed getting beat up on the asphalt in front of our house playing 1 on 1. It made me into the semi tough player that I am today. If I had to pick one that didn't involve me getting beat up,my favorite memory would be the last California trip we had before he left on his mission. This had to have been the funnest Cali trip I've ever experienced!
ReplyDeleteBasically Matt and me go way back. He always let me come to his birthday parties even though I was a little snot most of the time. And then there was that time when we totally dug the hole in the backyard. Those were good times.
ReplyDeleteOh Matt, could it be dropping you down the stairs that ended in cement in Massachusetts, or falling out of the car onto cement multiple times when you fell asleep in the car. Despite all those head hitting cement injuries I still remember your kindness and serving attitude. I remember I would ask you to do something for me, like get a cup of water for me if I was sitting on the couch or something else and you would always do it, none of my siblings would ever do that for me, except you. :) I need to develop that more.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many fantastic memories of Matt that I will forever hold very special. Since I met him, we always had fun crazy activities that would usually make us get pretty close to dying of laughter. Having said that, no matter what we did, he would always seek to include everyone and make them feel like a million bucks. What great memories!!
ReplyDeleteThere are too many to mention. Matt is one of the most loving and kind people I know and he has been that way his whole life!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!! HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!!! YOU ARE A GREAT FRIEND
ReplyDeleteBev says; During Christmas break of 2006, Cindy's brother asked Cindy to find a date and double with them. She wanted to ask Matt and called his house a few times but never found him home. Finally she communicated through his dad and set something up without ever actually talking to Matt I think. They came to our house after the date and Les & I got to meet him. We thought he was really nice! Cindy said she had a good time with him! We're so glad they got married! Happy Birthday Matt!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite memory of Matt is the trip we took to San Diego before he left on his mission because the was one of the funnest road trips and vacations I've ever been on. Whether it was stuffing 13 twizzlers into our mouths or dunking each other into the ocean, we laughed a lot and had few cares. It's always fun to be around Matt and see his playful/funny side.
ReplyDeleteAh, Bathead. So many good times to choose from. I'd say one of my fav is when you and me and Bran were all at BYU-Idaho at the same time and we hung out and played. Going to California (not the trip everyone else is referencing above) was really really fun. Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, the ocean, Jelly Belly factory, San Francisco- just so much fun. You're still a lot of fun. Love you Bathead!
ReplyDeleteAll of the good likes in mission prep, passing off memorized scriptures. Times in basketball class as well. The times we were roommates at Harris Hall for his one semester as a single man after his mission. And of course, playing basketball with me at anytime.
ReplyDeleteBeating up on Matt playing basketball on the hoop in the cul de sac. Circle of Life, right there. Also the time he lied about having the room key in California and we thought Dad was going to kill us. So never forget, Matt is a super nice guy, but he will also betray you if he thinks it will be funny.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite moment would be when we were doing yard work for money at his house. We got paid for every pine cone we cleaned up, so we knocked down all the pine cones we could so we could clean them up. Then Matt's mom told us to go cut out the tree out front. We found the big bush in the middle of the yard and destroyed it before realizing it was this tiny excuse for a tree by the window that she meant for us to take out.
ReplyDeleteJust to name a "few"- going on an awkward date 3 days after he came home from his mission, going on an awesome date 3 months later (after living in different states all the time in between), getting married on that cold winter day, deciding to have a baby, finding out we were expecting, labor and delivery, being parents together, and just the little things like coming home from school and talking about our day, laughing while brushing our teeth (last night). We have SO many good memories and I can’t wait to make more! Before I married you I was searching for a spiritual confirmation (I did get a confirmation later on) that it was the right decision and I wasn't getting an answer. I was so scared to move forward. If I could go back I would tell that scared girl not to be scared! I would tell her that it is going to be more wonderful than you ever imagined! I love you, Matt! Happy birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteI love how everyone thought he was Scott's dad at the hospital. He was dressed up in a suit and tie (from work, maybe?) when he came to visit after we had Scott, and all the nurses thought he was the daddy instead of Brandon.
ReplyDelete