Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mandi - Question #3

What was your first impression of Mandi or what is your favorite memory with Mandi?

11 comments:

  1. A sweet gentle baby with a good pair of lungs. We knew she was going to be a good singer.

    A fun memory of Mandi is when she was 3 or 4 years old she would listen to the Disney cassette tape stories over and over again. One day, I overheard her talking to Daniel and she was saying, "Admit it Daniel, you're just a codfish!" (One of the lines from Peter Pan.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first impression was Brandon really likes her, so she must be something special! :) But really so many great memories, playdates in the Sandy house, breakfast with you guys in your West Jordan house this past June when we visited, music class with you and Scott and Caleb, and always just talking and having fun together. Love you! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My most current, favorite memory is when I opened my mission call. She was totally pregnant with Katelyn, and ended up giving birth to her the next morning. Yet, she was really calm and nice about me having a bunch of loud friends over the night before. To this day, I am in awe of how she was able to pull that one off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the first time we met Mandi- when Maria invited her over to Brooke and Eric's house after Fiddler on the Roof. She had a cast and a working knowledge of homestarrunner.com; needless to say it was love at first sight for Brandon and the rest of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo, Amy, you took mine. :P I remember going to Garden Valley with Brandon and Matt to watch her in My Fair Lady and Wonderful Town and Mandi's hair was way light and she was so freckly because she was outside all the time. And she was pretty much amazing as Eliza Doolittle.
    I'm so glad you're in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first impression of Mandi was that she was very cute and a super talented singer and actress. And that maybe I should get her name from the program so I could... um... stalk her? I guess? So I didn't get her name from the program.

    But then Maria intervened and it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First impression of Mandi--watching her as Motel (pronounced model)in "Fiddler on the Roof" at BYU-Idaho, only we hadn't met her yet. Didn't know then that we were watching Brandon's future wife. It's been great watching her perform in many other productions--"My Fair Lady", "Savior of the World", "South Pacific", etc. Looking forward to many more...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first impression was that she was kinda wild (I think Maria rubbed off on her a little bit...) but that she was really talented. I also remember the Garden Valley trip with Brandon and Becca when I realized that Brandon really liked Mandi and was thinking about marrying her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I met Mandi when Matt and I were in high school. I went over to the Barrus home with some friends and Brandon and Mandi watched a movie with us. I remember thinking she was really nice. Also, at Matt's homecoming me and about four other girls couldn't find seats in the chapel so we ended sitting on the first right in front of Matt's family. I remember someone behind us had such a beautiful, powerful voice! Later I looked behind me and it was Mandi.

    Happy birthday, Mandi! I hope it's been a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mandi and I met during the song interpretation class for Fiddler on the Roof and we clicked! We had a blast together. I remember her first impression of me; She said she saw me wearing a red coat, a red backpack and a red Nalgene bottle. I think I was wearing red clothing, too. She was wondering why I was dressed like that---I just love the color red!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite memories of Mandi was when we drove up to Idaho and saw her perform in My Fair Lady. She was so good and having such a good time performing, we couldn't help but enjoy the performance with her. Every performance I have seen her in, has been a wonderful experience because she is such a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete